For six years, Xtra Mile Ministries (An ATN-Rwanda Program) has been known as a ministry devoted to serve the orphans from genocide. We are so thankful for what God has done to restore life of girls and boys who were left very young after the genocide. During these six years of service, we were able to serve over fifteen hundred orphans in different locations of Rwanda, forty-two university students got different support and several young people got to know and follow Jesus. However, our thirst for serving and extending the invitation to follow Jesus is still there. We still have hunger to reach out other desperate young people from different backgrounds beyond genocide orphans.
The main common problems for these young people are loneliness, poverty, lack of skills, and lack of confidence.
To address these problems, Xtra Mile Ministries is starting a Vocational Training Center where various trades will be taught, the lonely will be loved and supported and the Word of God will be shared on a daily basis. In additional, these young people will be involved in community service and outreach.
Xtra Mile Vocational Center is a legacy of God’s restoration not only to our generation but to next generations as well. Our hope is to see the Vocational Training Center as a place where the hopeless, lonely, skill-less young people will be equipped spiritually, socially, emotionally and physically.
Vision statement of VTC
Using pain as a tool to transform people’s lives.
- We will dedicate our time, resources and energy to create a favorable environment in which the participants get equipped spiritually, educationally, physically, emotionally and socially.
- We will adopt and apply adequate technologies in our education and administration that will result high competitiveness, efficiency and creativity.
- We will facilitate and encourage the entrepreneurship initiatives that bring new added value on what available at market.
- We will partner with individuals and institutions dedicated to the community transformation.
- We will be intentional to serve the community on weekly basis.
Objectives of VTC
- Provide theoretical and practical trainings in different sectors matching with the needs of local enterprises and regional standards.
- Provide the graduates with required skills for profession i.e. ensure their employability and develop their ability to learn with autonomy during their professional life and prepare them to self- employment.
- Train young people in Christian work values and attitudes of individuals towards professionalism.
- Continue and manage daily activities of Xtra Mile Ministries.
Trusting in God, Excellence, Hard Work, Punctuality, Honesty and Creativity